Saturday, March 14, 2009

Thing 15: Rollyo


Rollyo is easy to work with to make your own search box. Wonder how much it gets used tho with Google dominating searching. You can pick which sites you want to search. Here's what I came up with for reference searches.





I searched camellias (!) and selected reference and came up with a list of links from reputable reference sites. Same when I chose to search the web.

I wasn't too happy with how a limited type of search worked. It may be okay for personal use to search, say, travel sites, but I don't think I'd trust their default list of sites for use in the library. I'd want to list my own trusted sites.

And then after I made a custom search on their webpage, I could not find the code to paste it in my blog. That seems to be two different things. I'm not seeing Rollyo of much use for library sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment