Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thing 19: Other social networks


I read the WebJunction article on social networks. I've used WebJunction before and refer to it and watch webinars. Love WebJunction, lots of library info in one place.

I looked at Ning; a bit too alternative for me. I also looked at Gather and realized I had signed up for this before. I had high hopes for this since they are hoping to attract NPR listeners and I am a great fan of NPR. But in looking at it again I remembered why I didn't pursue it; I really did not find a group I was eager to join.

I also looked at Good Reads and remembered I had looked at that site too. No groups there either that I was eager to join.

I think the book section of Facebook and Library Thing is fulfilling my social networking desire for book groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment