Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thing 20: Books 2.0, part five

I looked at the audio book sites...a much beloved format of mine. (I commute to work 40 minutes each way.)

Open Culture has many podcasts, but I'm not willing to give up books on tape (or CD.)Podiobooks or Librivox did not interest me much.

As to the book review sites. I looked at One Minute critic since it had an intriguing premise but found is a bit amateurish. BookBrowse seems much more comprehensive and professional.

I'm a Facebook user and use the visual bookshelf. I looked at the apps for books available in Facebook. If I join another book group online it will probably be one of these from Facebook.

I'm familiar with Worldcat.org but see they also have a Facebook page. Seems like everyone does!

I looked at a few children's sites. I remembered that I had seen Storyline Online before. Silly Stories was entertaining too. Both perhaps a good way to entertain a child for a time.

This thing was a long one. It reflects all the info that is out there on the web. Some good, some bad, some a time waster. But there is gold among the dross.

No comments:

Post a Comment