Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thing 20: Books 2.0, part two

I looked at TwitterLit and KiddieLit. Interesting concept, tho I doubt I would read a book based on just one line. And they link to Amazon. Can I get it to link to the library catalog?


Looked at some reader's advisory pages. Book Lamp intrigued me enough to sign up for an account after I watched the demo. But I didn't like it once I got into it. Heavy on science fiction, which I don't read, and just too much information about a book. Maybe literature teachers would find this interesting. And, the alphabetized many books by the first word: The. That's a library no-no and that bothered me.

I looked a Book Stumpers and What Should I Read Next. Wasn't overly impressed with either one. We should remember to use What Do I Read Next? from our own State Library provided Gale database.

I knew about KDL What's Next. In fact they give you permission to link to it and I've put a link on our library's staff pages for staff to use. It's the best of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment