Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thing 20: Books 2.0, part three

I looked at some online book communities. I'm impressed with BookGlutton's software and interaction among users for reading and discussion. This site seems to be for the really serious reader.

I also looked at Readerville. It had thoughtful comments on various books.

But the one I liked best was Overbooked. I had trouble with the page loading but what I could see impressed me and had a more popular literature feel to it. I'll go back to it later and perhaps I'll get the full page to load properly.

For me personally, I like to look for books to read, but really don't care to discuss them online. I think Library Thing and my Facebook book page give me enough interaction with reviews of books.

But these sites are good to keep in mind to recommend to those who do want the social interaction of discussing the books that they read.

No comments:

Post a Comment